Call for Nominations - Leaders in Innovation in the Electric Power Industry
image credit: Dreamstime.com
- Dec 27, 2019 4:30 pm GMT
- 3179 views
The Theme for our March’s Energy Central Insights™ Hot Topic Special Issue is "Innovation in the Electric Power Industry."
Utilities today are undergoing more evolution and changes than at any time in their history, and to continue charging forward into this new era of the utility business requires forward-looking leadership and an attitude to adapt and embrace new ideas. To recognize and celebrate this necessary leadership, Energy Central will be featuring Leaders in Innovation in our upcoming March Issue.
Nominate yourself or a colleague. If you, a colleague or peer is deserving of recognition as an innovation leader in the electric power industry, we invite you to follow this link to submit a nomination!
Finalists will be chosen by a committee of Energy Central Experts. Each finalist will be contacted to schedule an interview with a member of our Energy Central team. This interview will be featured in the March special issue as well as in the Energy Central Power Industry Network Community Group that best aligns with the finalist’s background.
Who is deserving of nomination?
Innovation is truly occurring at every level and every department of the utility industry. An innovation leader in the energy sector could look like any number of people:
- An engineer who has developed a new technology to make more efficient, reliable, or affordable the generation, transmission, and delivery of electricity;
- A cybersecurity guru who has implemented a new solution to the utility that has decreased risk and increase reliability of the grid;
- An IT professional at the utility who designed and implemented a new tool to be utilized on the customer web portal;
- A utility's strategic manager who created a new and inventive energy efficiency program that saves customers on their monthly bills;
- A marketing and communications leader in the utility organization who has created a new strategy that engaged the public like never before;
- A head of customer service who found new and creative ways to decrease length of service calls while increasing customer satisfaction;
- Or any other opportunities for leaders to rise up and embrace innovation in the utility industry.
Who is eligible?
Candidates must work for one of the following company types - Utility, Non-Utility Generator, Independent Power Producer, Independent System Operator, Regional Transmission Organization or Energy Services.
If you’re a solution provider and you would like to share a thought leadership article, case study, white paper or other resource in the Innovation Issue, contact us at email@example.com or download our 2020 Media guide. Reference page 18 for special issues.
How to participate?
Fill out the nomination form linked here for a chance for this leader to be highlighted in our in our March special issue "Innovation in the Electric Power Industry".
Due Date for Nominations: Wednesday, February 12th.
Issue Date: Thursday March 26th 2020.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Audra C Drazga
VP of The Power Industry Network