8 Effective Ways to Increase Efficiency in a Worker Shortage
- Jul 26, 2021 9:44 pm GMT
There’s a shortage of workers and drivers.
You know this.
- Many operations are faced with a rapidly retiring workforce.
- Worker time (and overtime), productivity and efficiency management are critical.
- The new millennial workforce – if you can find, hire, and keep them – doesn’t have deep energy/utility/operational knowledge.
- Most new workers don’t want to write on paper. They expect an app to provide everything from driving directions, to how-to’s, to where the horizontal and vertical infrastructure is.
- User expectations have increased. Customers want an immediate, trackable response about their issue and an “Uber-like” experience. They don’t want to call your field center – they want to use an app and be notified of their service status 24/7.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.