Podcast / Audio
Episode #54: Preparing Utilities for the EV Revolution with Kevin Hernandez of ScottMadden [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
The ‘Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast’ features conversations with thought leaders in the utility sector. At least twice monthly, we connect with an Energy Central Power Industry...
- Member since 2020
- 110 items added with 211,450 views
The electrification of vehicles has swiftly gone from a curiosity to a trend to an inevitability, and few industries are poised to be quite as deeply impacted as the power sector. Utilities are already seeing the greatest amount of new load demand added to their portfolios in decades, and they'll continue to have requests to build out new transmission and distribution infrastructure just to meet the growing electricity needs of electric vehicles. At this moment, utilities find themselves as a crossroads where they are reasonably able to keep up with these changes as they happen, but thanks to policies supporting vehicle electrification and falling EV prices the market will soon reach a pivot point where the adoption increases much more rapidly. As such, power providers are best served by preparing today for the coming EV revolution in the days ahead.
- Welcome Sujan Bose, New Expert in the Digital Utility Community- [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Expert Interview]
- For Energy Central Community Members Heading to Distributech, Be Sure to Check Out Our Partners in Person
- The Best in the Biz – January 26, 2023
- Danny Petrecca of Locusview Prepares for DISTRIBUTECH Discussion on Utility Processes and Systems of Record Amid Grid Growth & Digitalization - [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Expert Interview]
- Episode #110: 'Pursuing the Parallel Goals of Renewable Energy and Grid Reliability' with Geof Syphers, CEO of Sonoma Clean Power [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #109: 'Intentional Inclusion for a Cleaner Energy Future' with Claire Harris of NB Power and Chief Emily Whetung of Curve Lake Nation [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #108: 'The Unmatched Possibilities of a Nuclear and Microgrid Pairing' with Jhansi Kandasamy and Kurt Myers of Idaho National Laboratory [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
- Episode #107: '2022 Year in Review Highlighting the Top Episodes, Guests, and Moments of the Year' [an Energy Central Power Perspectives™ Podcast]
Related Power Perspectives™ Content
Power Perspectives™ Interviews
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.