Predictions for 2022
- Jan 25, 2022 6:21 pm GMT
This item is part of the Special Issue - 2022-01 - Power Industry 2022 Trends & Predictions, click here for more
- Congress passes legislation that will help American businesses respond to and administer cyber incidents: 30% likelihood
- CISA will continue to lead the effort to thwart cyber-crime by advancing effective methods that businesses can easily deploy: 90% likelihood • CISA will provide the cybersecurity baseline control guidance needed to protect critical infrastructure: 90% likelihood
- Government agencies will begin pilot implementations by the end of Summer 2022 to comply with Executive Order 14028: 70% likelihood
- NIST will continue to provide the practical guidance needed to implement Executive Order 14028 supply chain risk management across government, which CISA will use to direct cybersecurity policies: 100% likelihood
- More impactful ransomware and cyber incursion events will occur across key segments of critical infrastructure, including the electric grid, in 2022: 100% likelihood
- An effective solution to stop ransomware will be implemented across the American economy and society: likelihood 0%
- Hackers will stop using ransomware in their cyber-attacks: 0% likelihood
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.