Northeast green banks inspire national proposal for clean energy financing
The Energy News Network is a nonprofit news site dedicated to keeping stakeholders, policymakers, and citizens informed of the important changes taking place in the transition to a clean energy...
- Member since 2018
- 835 items added with 583,468 views
WRITTEN BYLisa Prevost
PHOTO BYFlickr / Creative Commons
The National Climate Bank Act introduced this year is based in part on successful projects in Connecticut and New York.
Even as previous attempts to win bipartisan support for a national green bank have failed to gain traction, advocates are continuing to promote the concept, this time with an even more ambitious proposal based in part on successful projects in the Northeast.
- California weighs electric car mandate for Uber and Lyft
- Thousands of abandoned Ohio oil and gas wells may be hidden. Drones could help find them
- New England’s solar growth is creating tension over who pays for grid upgrades
- Illinois legislation could free towns from dirty power but not the payments