Micro-grids Model: A Decentralized Energy System
- Mar 21, 2018 8:40 am GMT
- Advantages of microgrids system
The decades of enormous energy generation stations are reaching its dramatic end. Replacing these enormous but less efficient power plants by smaller but smarter microgrids system is the solution.
This electric device is not only a facilitator of energy flow but also an excellent energy management tool. Analyzing the benefits of smart grids could be long. However, here are the most important advantages of electrical microgrids:
- Two modes system: What is distinguishable in microgrids system is its adaptability according to the need. This device is able to work in parallel with a macro grid (traditional electric grid) or to operate isolated. Those two modes are interchangeable in a very effective way. As microgrids can switch from one mode to another easily. This management system is its strongest point. This shift of modes is possible through well-planned, well-managed integrated system.
- Resiliency and proficiency: In case of shortage of power or any other error within the macro grid system, the automatic shift (explained earlier) happens. Thus, this component provides a wide range of advanced microgrids solutions. Furthermore, these advanced microgrids systems are a source of energy conservation. Moreover, microgrids are contributing to a refined energy management system.
- Energy stocking: In case of energy shortage from a power generator, microgrids can find a solution. First of all, it is the foundation of a backup system of energy. In addition to that, this backup system is significantly important in case of short circuit and energy frequency problems. Correspondingly, microgrids are very effective concerning voltage control.
- Optimization of energy source: Microgrids’ technologies provide the perfect combination of different energy resources. For that, it is necessary to know that this system is able to enhance greatly any renewable energy power generation. As a result, microgrids can help reduce CO2 emanations. Using microgrids mechanism is a great boost to renewable energy.
- Microgrids model: a new business paradigm
The huge market of microgrids worldwide reached a spectacular increase of $ 13 billion in its capital market by the year 2016 that is a 26 percentage of growth.
Major microgrids companies in the world are racing to provide a decentralized energy management system. The traditional bulk power plant is no longer an operative and feasible combination. The world of energy market now is moving towards a decentralized paradigm. This new energetic pattern builds upon the idea of energy self-sufficiency. Every utility, hospital, school, factory, hotel or any establishment can manage, control and have its own energy satisfaction. Thanks to the storage system, microgrids can stock amounts of energies in case of power down.
Microgrids industry is now invading the world. The progressive technological advancements are what mark this energy domain. Under those circumstances, microgrids industry features are always changing. This change could be more profitable in the near future, as it is the case now.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.