Has the "Death Spiral" for Electric Utilities Started?
- Mar 20, 2019 1:41 am GMT
Has the "Death Spiral" for Electric Utilities started?
1. Solar Energy Systems and Rooftop PV panels become more efficient & less expensive each year.
2. Each year, increasingly more and more homeowners & building owners install them.
3. This results in lower kWh sales (and revenues) to each respective Electric Utility the year after the
installation of these Solar Energy Systems.
4. The lower revenues causes electric utilities to raise their electric rates at a faster rate.
5. Those electric utility customers remaining are "shocked" by their electric utility bills and install
their own Rooftop PV systems! Utilities begin moth-balling highly-inefficient/polluting "central power
plants." Solar Energy Systems and "Decentralized Energy" / "Distributed Energy Resources" along with
local / community Micro-Grids plus "Non-wires Alternatives" begin expanding at an increasing rate.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.