- Oct 14, 2020 5:59 pm GMT
Prelim report investigating California's controlled load shed ID's multiple factors; September EV sales in Germany & Norway encouraging;
1) CA report IDs causes of load sheds, including: most heat in 35 years; LDCs under-forecasting; gen plant forced outages; lower than anticipated imports; and some poor planning;
2) Germany sold 21,000 EVs in Sept, - 15% mkt share, and Norway sold 9,500 - 61.5% mkt share;
3) Vestas increased its EnVentus onshore wind platform from 5.6 MW to 6 MW w/ 3% more energy output;
4) Generac buying Enbala Power Networks, jumping into Virtual Power Plant game;
5) Pres. Trump to increase panel import tariffs from 15% to 18% in 2021. P. Navarro recently touted the success of program on $8.5 billion worth of imports to date. Over $2 bn has been paid by Americans to increase price of panels, resulting in a decline in the amount of solar projects, which would have created far more jobs;
6) A new study suggests large-scale solar proj's underperforming by about 6.3% relative to forecasts.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.