Prelim report investigating California's controlled load shed ID's multiple factors; September EV sales in Germany & Norway encouraging;
1) CA report IDs causes of load sheds, including: most heat in 35 years; LDCs under-forecasting; gen plant forced outages; lower than anticipated imports; and some poor planning;
2) Germany sold 21,000 EVs in Sept, - 15% mkt share, and Norway sold 9,500 - 61.5% mkt share;
3) Vestas increased its EnVentus onshore wind platform from 5.6 MW to 6 MW w/ 3% more energy output;
4) Generac buying Enbala Power Networks, jumping into Virtual Power Plant game;
5) Pres. Trump to increase panel import tariffs from 15% to 18% in 2021. P. Navarro recently touted the success of program on $8.5 billion worth of imports to date. Over $2 bn has been paid by Americans to increase price of panels, resulting in a decline in the amount of solar projects, which would have created far more jobs;
6) A new study suggests large-scale solar proj's underperforming by about 6.3% relative to forecasts.