Emissions report | OGA
- Oct 15, 2021 9:11 am GMT
The Report includes the following key findings:
• Overall upstream oil and gas GHG emissions fell by 11% between 2018 and 2020
• Two-thirds of offshore installations decreased their emissions between 2019 and 2020, by 36% on average
• Offshore flare volumes fell by 23% between 2019 and 2020 – offshore flaring in summer 2021 was at its lowest ever recorded level • Flare volumes from onshore terminals fell by 33% between 2019 and 2020
• Methane emissions fell by 20% between 2019 and 2020, with industry having a methane intensity of 0.23%
• Since 2015, carbon intensity has fallen by 9% offshore and 11% in total (includes onshore terminals)
• Over 70% of industry emissions come from burning gas or diesel for fuel, but platform electrification offers abatement potential
• While UK produced gas has less than half the carbon footprint of imported LNG, across the board, the UK generally performs around the 50th percentile internationally for upstream carbon intensity and flaring intensity, showing there is room to improve much further and faster
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Solving some of our biggest issues in the C&I (Commercial and Industrial) sectors. Buildings use SO much energy, electricity, heat and of course cooling.
As I started considering the IEEE Spectrum article used as a source for a future article, I found a lot to like. First of all, it described in detail the changes we (our societies) must make to implement Electric Vehicles, but also explored the..
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.