New Executive Order Targets Overall Cybersecurity
- May 13, 2021 3:53 pm GMTMay 13, 2021 1:53 pm GMT
- 183 views
After several months of significant attacks on critical infrastructure a new executive order was released yesterday with the focus on improving cybersecurity for the nation. The ‘Executive Order on Improving the Nation’s Cybersecurity’ includes 9 main sections with specific guidance and timelines on the next steps towards more secure and resilient systems for the US. We’re excited to see this renewed focus on improving the security posture of the nation and applaud the effort.
Here are the main points that are included in this Executive Order.
- Policy – Protecting our nation from malicious cyber actors requires the Federal Government to partner with the private sector.
- Remove Barriers to Sharing Threat Information.
- Modernizing the Federal Government Cybersecurity.
- Enhancing Software Supply Chain Security.
- Establishing a Cyber Safety Review Board.
- Standardizing the Federal Government’s Playbook for Responding to Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities and Incidents.
- Improving Detection of Cybersecurity Vulnerabilities and Incidents on Federal Government Networks.
- Improving the Federal Government’s Investigative and Remediation Capabilities.
- National Security Systems.