Green jobs: Where are we in 2022?
- Jun 2, 2022 11:08 pm GMT
LinkedIn recently published its Global Green Skills Report 2022. Some highlights:
· 10% of jobs advertised on LinkedIn were looking for at least 1 green skill. Examples of these jobs included: fleet manager, healthcare worker, construction worker, facilities manager
· The number of jobs in renewables, environmental have grown in 237% in last 5 years
· 13% of individuals maintaining LinkedIn profiles list having green skills
· By 2025, we will have more demand for green skills than workers with green skills
· For every 10 men who have green skills on LinkedIn, there are only 6 women with green skills, indicating an opportunity to close this gap
As we make this transition, we want to make it fast enough and fair and need to reflect on: What skills will be needed to transition workers from non-green to green jobs? What skill gaps are there?
Read more at:
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.