The 7 problems of Nuclear Power
image credit: An old Troll Oak
- Jan 23, 2020 5:33 pm GMTJan 23, 2020 5:07 pm GMT
- 1573 views
Dear beloved colleague Energy Centralizers :-)
Well, here is a professional evaluation with documentation, on why Nuclear Power may not be such a good idea, after all. Some of the problems mentioned in this report are commonly known. Some others of them are not.
Enjoy the reading, by Professor Marc Jacobson, Stanford University.
1. Time from planning to operation is too long
2. Cost - based on LCOE - is too low, way too low.
3. Weapon proliferation risk (as documented by IPCC)
4. Meltdown Risk - not only design, but human error and terrorism must be factored in
5. Mining Lung Cancer risk
6. Miscalculations of CO2 equivalences must be corrected!
7. Radioactive waste
Here the full article:
On a professional note of writing this short notice here - the above is based on professional evaluations by professionals with experience, which I do not have. Your professional response would be most appreciated.
Rational Intuitive (Denmark)
David T. Svarrer