Three (3) “Whys” of DC Lighting
- May 11, 2022 7:39 pm GMT
Why DC Lighting?
In this new era of DC renewable power and AC/DC hybrid building nanogrids, Marshall DC lighting adds sustainable value to building power infrastructures, empowering grid resiliency & optimizing the value of renewables… DC lighting “Direct-Connects” (DC-to-DC) with renewables (solar/battery storage), unlocking optimized grid resilient strategies for lighting security, cost control, carbon reduction, and load sharing possibilities.
Three (3)“Whys” of DC Lighting
- Why DC over AC? DC-to-DC "Direct-Connect” to renewables catalyzes grid resiliency…
- Enables optimized load management solutions with solar &/or battery storage
- Low voltage Class 2 wiring applications (24DC to 60DC)
- Greater efficiencies upward of 15% (no AC-to-DC conversions)
- Decrease carbon footprint
- Why DC Lighting & Renewables? DC Lighting + Renewables = Optimized Load Sharing Solutions…
- Optimize load sharing among power sources & electric cost control
- Mitigate risk of lighting downtime with greater lighting security
- Reduce installation & material costs
- Easily quantify measurable electric cost savings via renewables off-set
- Why Pont of Ethernet (PoE) for DC Lighting? The 4 “C”s of PoE…
- Copper; 60% less copper (lower AWG wire)
- Conduit; 100% less steel (no conduit)
- Change Orders; 100% flexibility (software change orders, open standards)
- Conversion Costs; 30% lower operating cost (no AC-to-DC conversion in every fixture)
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.