PLMA Presents 41st Conference Online to Record RegistrationsPosted to PLMA (Peak Load Management Alliance)
- Apr 22, 2020 5:00 pm GMT
- 540 views
PLMA, the voice of load management practitioners in the energy utility industry, opened its 41st Conference yesterday, hosted online due to COVID-19 restrictions, and greeted record registrations of almost 1,100 energy utility representatives and industry allies from across the U.S., plus 25 countries worldwide.
For this first-ever online PLMA Conference, the organization plans to hold open registration to enable as many industry practitioners as possible to view the live and pre-recorded sessions that span a range of topics including demand response, distributed energy resources, customer experience, beneficial electrification, connected devices, electric vehicles, and more.
Announcing the 17th PLMA Award Winners
During the conference’s live session on April 22nd, PLMA will recognize the six winners of the 17th PLMA Awards. The recipient organizations were selected by PLMA members through a rigorous vetting process. They represent three categories of outstanding load management programs, initiatives, and achievements from calendar year 2019, as follows:
Program Pacesetter Award Winners:
- National Grid and EnergyHub for National Grid Connected Solutions
- Arizona Public Service and EnergyHub for APS Distributed Energy Resource Aggregations (Rewards Programs and Solar Communities)
Thought Leader Award Winners:
- Connected Energy (UK) Ltd for Battery Recycling in Belgium
- Austin Energy for Austin SHINES Project
Technology Pioneer Award Winners:
- CPS Energy for Public Engagement
- City of New York, Department of Citywide Administrative Services for Building Operator Engagement
Over the past 16 years, PLMA has presented over 82 awards to recipient organizations including utilities, product/service providers, end-users, and individuals responsible for demand response efforts that benefit the residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customer markets.
New PLMA Publications
During PLMA’s board meeting, held in conjunction with the online conference, PLMA also announced two new publications, which can be downloaded from its website, including:
- A PLMA Thought Leadership 2019 Compendium which features transcripts from 12 selected webcasts and conference sessions produced by PLMA in 2019;
- PLMA Award-Winning Load Management Initiatives which provides transcripts of eight interviews with last year’s award-winning load management programs, which were featured in the 16th PLMA Awards.
PLMA’s 42nd Conference Planned for Baltimore, MD
The 42ndPLMA Conference is scheduled for November 9th to 11th, 2020 in Baltimore, Maryland. PLMA will launch an industry-wide call for presenters in June 2020. The organization’s national conferences presented each spring and fall provide a forum for practitioners from energy utilities, solution providers and trade allies to share dynamic load management expertise, including demand response (DR) and distributed energy resources (DER). For two decades, PLMA conferences, educational programs and networking opportunities have brought member organizations together to develop, implement and share proven practices in a peer-to-peer network – offering load management leadership for the energy industry.
About the Peak Load Management Alliance (PLMA)
PLMA is a non-profit association founded in 1999 that serves over 164 member organizations as the Voice of Load Management Practitioners. PLMA seeks to advance practical applications of dynamic load management and distributed energy resources by providing a forum where members educate one another and explore innovative approaches to program delivery, pricing constructs, and technology adoption. Learn more at www.peakload.org, on our LinkedIn page, and on Twitter @PLMAdr.