The impact of #covid19 on all-Ireland's electricity demand.
- Mar 16, 2020 3:08 pm GMT
The impact of #covid19 on all-Ireland's electricity demand is investigated.
The Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Announced that schools, colleges, childcare facilities are closed until 29 March over Covid-19) are compared with their similar days in the last month. The graphs show that the peak demand is slightly reduced and also shifted.
- A longer period of data might be required to make a conclusion
- It would be beneficial if the percentage of the residential, governmental, commercial loads are known
- The impact of lockdown on market prices can be also investigated if market data is available for these periods.
- The work-from-home can influence the demand behavior (only on working days)
- The initial lockdown days might not be the same as the upcoming days (due to consumer behavior)