What’s new on The Energy Collective - A monthly update from your Community Manager
- Oct 5, 2018 3:30 pm GMTOct 5, 2018 3:33 pm GMT
- 4003 views
What’s new on the Collective:
The Collective Network is getting a new name:
When we brought over The Energy Collective we named both the network and community group The Energy Collective to help with the transition. Now that we have moved everything over, we need to make the following change:
- The Energy Collective Network – name will be changed to "Energy & Sustainability". Under this network, we will still have two community groups called The Energy Collective and Oil & Gas.
We feel this name change will help better align the network with the Energy Central structure and help users distinguish between the network and corresponding groups.
A little background on The Energy Central Power Industry Network’s structure:
- Networks: Our content and community platform is now organized around 6 major segments (our Networks –Utility Business, Generation, Grid, Energy Management, Intelligent Utility and Energy & Sustainability). Each Network contains community groups and channels. A user can subscribe to a network to receive highlights from the corresponding groups and channels.
- Community Groups: Our community groups are where the interaction happens. A user can join a community and participate through Q&A, by posting their insights, commenting on other’s posts or by just simply reading the great content posted by their peers.
- Channels: Coming soon – We will be adding channels within some of our networks, showcasing specific industry blogs that you may find useful and informative.
Some of you have been following the issue that we have had with Google indexing. I am pleased to announce that this has been resolved and you should now be able to find articles posted on The Collective through Google search.
It’s all about RSS feeds:
We can now accept RSS feeds for posting content on the site. If you have a RSS feed and would like your content posted on Energy Central reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss next steps.
I look forward to growing this network with you. If you have any concerns or feedback, please reach out to me at email@example.com.
Audra C Drazga
VP of The Power Industry Network