TVA to Collaborate with Kairos Power on 140 MWe SMR
Publisher of NeutronBytes, a blog about nuclear energy online since 2007. Consultant and project manager for technology innovation processes and new product / program development for commercial...
- Member since 2018
- 1,418 items added with 958,521 views
- TVA to Collaborate with Kairos Power on Development of a 140 MWe Advanced SMR
- Russia Approvs’ $2.4 Billion Project To Use Five Floating Reactors For Remote Minerals Deposit
- UK ‘Remains Committed’ To Wylfa Newydd Nuclear Project
- NuScale Engages Guggenheim Securities to Explore Financing Options
TVA to Collaborate with Kairos Power on Development of a 140 MWe Advanced SMR
Kairos Power and the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) have announced plans to collaborate on deploying a low-power demonstration small modular reactor (SMR) at the East Tennessee Technology Park (ETTP)(map) in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. The project is a paradigm change for TVA which in its early site permit for the Clinch River site for an SMR only referenced light water reactor designs and did not indicate a preference for any of them.