- Sep 2, 2022 4:53 pm GMT
A critical Step by Step Approach is needed for Successful CCUS Project
-Key learning from recent CCUS project was effort should be focused on Successful CCUS project, not just Permitting or regulatory approval. Other learnings are:
- A step by step approach from site screening to Site selection and then Site Characterization
- Managing uncertainty is key; range of subsurface realizations are needed to cover the range of uncertainties and risks
- Models are used for identifying data, but also for monitoring CO2 plume propagation with time and it’s verification with modeled forecast.
- Focus of uncertainty management should be on all three critical elements of CCUS project; CAPACITY, INJECTIVITY & CONTAINMENT
- Social & regulatory issues are equally important as are G&G and the technical issues
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.