Power Industry 2022 Trends & Predictions
- Jan 13, 2022 4:47 pm GMT
This item is part of the Special Issue - 2022-01 - Power Industry 2022 Trends & Predictions, click here for more
My colleagues at Energy Central asked me to participate in the title predictions. After considering this, I offered to review three areas where I post frequently, and consider myself qualified. These areas are:
- U.S. growth in electric vehicle (EV) deployments
- U.S. progress in transitioning to fossil-fueled generation to utility-scale photovoltaic (PV) and battery energy storage systems (BESS)
- Deployment of the first large-scale offshore wind projects.
I track all of the above with posts on a regular basis, so, in general I will follow this process:
- I will start with trends from 2021 posts
- I will look at other factors that could accelerate or decelerate growth
- Make projections on growth for the next few years in the above markets.
EV tariff-based propositions – what is the state of the European market and how will offerings evolve?
The residential Battery-Powered Electric Vehicle (BEV) market is growing at an exponential pace in Europe, with Germany, France and the UK leading the way. This whitepaper from Delta-EE's New Energy Business Model Service describes how the..
The Humber: A 2030 Vision for Industrial Decarbonisation
This year I will try to post these “PV (photovoltaic) and BESS (battery energy storage systems)” reports frequently enough to where I can get them each into a single post (in 2021 I did a total of six posts). I will also try to make the first..
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.