Intelligent Energy Storage for Grid Modernization Strategies in a fast-growing complexity
image credit: Credit: Hybrid Energy Storage and AI | Smart Phases Inc.
Dr Stephane Bilodeau, Eng., FEC has a PhD in Energy & Advanced Thermodynamics as well as a Master in Applied Sciences. He is a Fellow of Engineers Canada. In the last 20 years, he has driven...
- Member since 2017
- 95 items added with 80,797 views
With all that we hear about Artificial Intelligence, you can imagine what would be the impact of an intelligent tool in the energy field. The integration of intelligent energy storage (IES) in the mix is even earlier in the deployment. Concretely the challenges of the “really-intelligent” integration of Smart Grids and Energy Storage is to answer the emergence of the new needs of the consumers and the producers of energy, accompanied by the mass generation of data on their state and necessary to their operation. The direct impact is the sharp increase in the complexity of energy networks. This increase in complexity is great news! It tells us that we are in the process of performing or materializing our energy transition.
- 2021, a year like no other in the AI, DER and Smart Grid booming Energy sector!
- Distributed Energy Resources: A Nice-to-have or a Must-have in 2021?
- IEA's market update on renewable energy provided an analysis of the impact of Covid-19 on renewable energy deployment - It's not what we'd expected!
- Oil giants want to own only the cheapest, cleanest hydrocarbons