Helicopter Surveys Find Malfunctioning Flares in the Permian Basin 11 May 2020
- May 19, 2020 12:17 pm GMT
This is hardly a surprise. But it is for at least 5 reasons:
1. The Environmental Defense Fund conducted this survey. The O&G industry cannot be bothered. But they quibble with the results when they are faced with them.
2. Apart from the obvious environmental impact, this gas is a revenue stream that the industry simply cannot bother to monetize. They much prefer the "easy money" (which turns out to be not too "easy").
3. No government entity, Federal, State or Local, is bothered. I beg you to tell me I am wrong.
4. Only the close neighbors of the industry (those with drilling operations a stone´s throw from their front door) find it odd or annoying.
5. Now they want government bailouts. (And they will get it.)
This is standard practice in the Permian basin. What will it take to stop it? Crashing oil prices? Global pandemic? Maybe partly.
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.