- Jan 13, 2021 3:19 pm GMT
1) NIO Day in China: NIO announces sedan w/solid state battery at 625 miles of range by 2022, & amped up battery swap program (1.5 mn swaps to date).
2) Germany nails 43,000+ EV sales in Dec, 660% over prior Dec. In 2020 194,000 EVs sold (13.5% of all new cars)
3) Ørsted, Siemens Gamesa, ITM Power, & Element Energy garner €5 million funding to pilot combined wind turbine and electrolyzer system on offshore platform.
4) Ten years on, US DOE SunShot Initiative did pretty well, Aimed at cutting installed solar costs by 2020 to $1/W for utility-scale PV, $1.25/W for com'l rooftop, and $1.50/W for resi rooftop, they hit the utility numbers. Commercial resi was in mid-$2 range, and resi around $3, held back by economies of scale but also permitting, interconnection, and inspection costs.
5) MA passes climate legislation calling for 2050 net zero emissions, and setting 5-year targets. Offshore wind goal now at 5,600 MW & all new cars sold must be electric by 2025. #PKayDee #energytransition #energyswitch
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.