Coal Exit: Different Approaches To Determining Costs, Benefits, And Justice Implications Of A Rapid Coal Phase-Out
We are a clean energy and climate policy think tank delivering high-quality research and original analysis to policymakers to help them make informed choices on energy policy. Our mission is...
- Member since 2018
- 155 items added with 323,838 views
Energy Innovation partners with the independent nonprofit Aspen Global Change Institute (AGCI) to provide climate and energy research updates. The research synopsis below comes from AGCI Executive Director Dr. James Arnott, and a full list of AGCI’s quarterly research updates covering recent climate change research on clean energy pathways is available online at https://www.agci.org/solutions/quarterly-research-reviews
One bright spot amid the past quarter was Britain’s record-breaking 67 days of coal-free electricity. Remarkably, the birthplace of coal-based industrialization met power demands for more than two months without firing up a single coal plant. Although encouraging, the exceptionalism of this news highlights the lengths we still have to go.
- Colorado Is Falling Short Of Its Climate Targets - New Policies To Hit Them Could Add $7.5 Billion Annually To State GDP
- Cheap Batteries Could Soon Make Electric Freight Trucks 50% Cheaper To Own Than Diesel
- Accelerating Its Clean Energy Revolution Would Add $700 Million To Nevada’s Economy Per Year By 2030
- China’s Carbon Neutral Opportunity: Economic Growth Driven By An Early Emissions Peak