Climate Policy in a Binary World: Uttering and Other High Crimes and Misdemeanors
image credit: Twitter/Capital Weather Gang@capitalweather
Stronberg is a senior executive and attorney with over 40 years of experience in federal and state energy, environmental and sustainability issues. He is the founder and principal of The JBS...
- Member since 2018
- 192 items added with 457,739 views
Under common law, uttering is when a person offers as genuine
a forged instrument with the intent to defraud.
The new Republican line in Congress is they accept climate change as real and are on board with efforts to curb harmful emissions and combat Earth’s warming. I don’t mean to be rude, but it’s a lie.
I take no pleasure in saying congressional Republicans—for the most part—are guilty of uttering untruths. Moreover, I recognize that all Republicans are not climate deniers, just as all Democrats are not environmental defenders.
- Infrastructure Negotiations and the Fate of National Climate Policy— Will There Be a Chance to Make a Second Impression?
- US Climate Policy Caught Between Two Worlds— Are We Smarter Than Buridan’s Ass?
- The Truth Be Damned and What It Means for the Future of US Climate Policy
- Negotiating the Future of US Climate Policy