- May 11, 2021 6:36 pm GMT
Why is the current grid incompatible with 21st century needs? Because:
- It is not set up to manage and direct intermittent power from renewable wind, solar, tidal and wave energy sources without major tweaking.
- It is not designed for a low carbon economy.
- It is not built to take on the energy demands of consumers as they shift to electric vehicles.
- It is not set up to manage standalone energy source surpluses like solar on home roofs feeding it.
- It has no visual map of how energy flows through it in real-time, a map that all operators could view whether managing a power plant or generating power and feeding the system from a solar roof.
- It doesn't come with a universal standard toolset that can be shared by all operators.
- It is not capable of integrating data and energy flows, a hindrance in the age of the Internet of Things (IoT).
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.