21% power rates increase in Brazil
- Nov 23, 2021 1:01 pm GMT
This is the market expectation for 2022 with respect to electricity tariffs in Brazil.
The main reasons:
* Inclusion of projects with no feasibility in selected privatizations
* Dispatch of thermal power plants to face the crisis
* Voluntary Demand Reduction incentive program
* Water scarcity "flag" (additional costs)
* Emergency auction for capacity
* Loans to distribution companies
And so the cost of Brazilian electricity is increasingly distant, in the light of the market (BRICS - Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa).
The electricity sector needs - urgently - honesty, professionalism and application of established practices in the energy sector. In the meantime, Brazil is going downhill.
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.