2050 – Where policy will put us – the vision.
- Mar 18, 2021 11:48 am GMT
If one reads the CLEAN Futures Act (CFA) an one listens to the various pundits, here is where we will be in 2050:
1) All transportation will be battery zero-emissions – I look to other fuel options.
2) Fossil Fuels will be completely minimized including medicine, lubricants, and materials. – I think for medicine they may still be used.
3) Ocean transport will all be batteries or sail. – I think hydrogen/nuclear
4) Electricity will come purely from solar – I think there will be more off-shore wind, hydro and nuclear.
5) There will be no back up to the electric grid, no natural gas or generators. – I suspect backup will happen.
6) No one will own a car or drive themselves, it will all be fleets of autonomous cars. Most people will work from home – I think 70%+ will work away from home, nurses being a case in point. I think people will fight to own a vehicle.
7) Air travel will be on electric battery-operated planes. – Not if batteries do not get 90-99% lighter per KWH and much faster to charge.
In short there are thousands of engineering and science problems yet to solve.
Get your children interested in STEM.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.