- Jul 26, 2022 8:01 pm GMT
1) GA PSC greenlights Georgia Power's 2022 IRP with 2,300 MW of renewables in next three years, and another 6,000 MW of renewables by 2035. Plan also includes 500 MW of batteries and a pilot DER program w/250 MW of customer-sited resources.
2) Bureau of Ocean Energy Management announces locations for offshore wind farms off the coast of TX and LA, w/two leases totaling over 730,000 acres and generation potential sufficient to power 3 million homes.
3) US Postal Service increases percentage of EVs in planned fleet upgrade. It will order at least 25,000 EVs in an initial order with total of 40% electric of first 84,000 vehicles.
4) GAF Energy, a maker of nailable solar shingle tiles, plans to open a new $100 million factory in Texas, increasing U.S. production from 50 to 300 MW.
5) Xcel Energy to develop three sites for its $9 million Resilient Minneapolis project, developing micro grids with batteries, solar panels and other technology in areas vulnerable to the effects of climate change.
6) Volkswagen brings fast-charging park online at its electric car plant in Germany, with 570 kWh second-life EV battery system, eliminating need for new medium voltage transformer investment. 96 battery cell modules will come from used ID.3 and ID.4 pre-production vehicles.
7) Vistra's 400-MW, 1,600 MWh Moss Landing battery energy storage facility comes back online after extended outage.
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.