Tesla Battery Day in one slide
image credit: Credit: Tesla & Battery Associates
- Sep 24, 2020 3:48 pm GMTSep 24, 2020 12:07 pm GMT
- 1094 views
Numerous excellent analysis have sprung just after Tesla Battery Day. I highly recommend the one from my friend Paul Martin
My take-aways can be summarized in the slide (curtesy Battery Associates) and in the following bullet points:
- No pie in the sky (eg Solid State). Wall Street, who loves fairy tales, must have been disappointed
- An incremental path to reduce battery price by 50% with identified or existing technologies. This will have transformational impact on the Transportation sector, but also the Stationary Storage one.
- Tesla has today the human and financial resources to deliver on the roadmap
- This presentation was a world-class display of industrial and technological excellence
- Tesla is a trailblazer, explaining to the competition where not to go: industry accelerated learning curve
- Competition might catch up soon-ish on batteries, but it should be much harder on software where Tesla has built a considerable edge.
That's it. I am impressed and happy with what I saw.