- Dec 8, 2021 7:29 pm GMT
1) Chinese EV OEM NIO and Shell partnering to develop 100 charging/battery swap facilities in China & Europe.
2) ABB orders $5.3 million worth of hydrogen fuel cell systems from AFC Energy to power 200 KW EV Fast Charging Stations in off-grid applications.
3) Chinese EV OEM car Xpeng expanding from initial market in Norway into Sweden, Denmark, & Netherlands next year.
4) Mercedes-Benz and Stellantis invest in solid state battery cell developer Factorial Energy.
5) BNEF says avg l-iion battery pack prices down from $1,200/kWh in 2010 to $132/kWh in 2021 (89% decline), w/ a drop of 6% last year. However, prices rebounding somewhat on commodity squeeze. BNEF also sees pronounced move away from expensive cobalt-based to lithium iron phosphate batteries (30% cheaper).
6) IEA reports over 100 carbon capture and storage projects announced this year. Historically, < 3 mn tons of CO2 capture capacity added annually in recent years, w/total global capacity cumulatively at 40 mn tons. IEA says about 1.6 billion tons must be achieved by 2030 in its roadmap to net zero global emissions by 2050. #batteries #PKayDee #theenergyswitch#theenergytransition #sustainability #carboncapture #batteries #EVs
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.