- Dec 22, 2021 2:49 pm GMT
- ISO's CEO warns limited supply of gas could cause problems with power supply this winter.
- MA awards 1,232 MW of offshore wind to Commonwealth Wind Development and add'l 400 MW to Mayflower Wind Project, while MD PSC awards credits to approved 1,654 MW of its own offshore wind.
- SEIA warns solar installations may grow by 25% less than previously forecast, owing to supply chain issues and rising costs.
- CA PUC's proposed on-site solar compensation framework would create new net billing tariff requiring solar customers to use time-of-use rates, w/existing net meter customers transitioned to new tariff 15 years after commissioning. Bill credits for customers adding storage, and a monthly fixed fee of $8/KW of installed solar also in the mix.
- California's CEC's new Building Efficiency Standards mandate all commercial & multi-family homes be equipped w/energy storage, while new resi construction must be storage ready.
- GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy, BWXT Canada Limited and Synthos Green Energy announce plan to develop minimum of 10 BWRX 300 MW Small Modular Reactors in Poland by early in next decade.
- Modular nuclear manufacturer NuScale Power signs merger agreement w/Spring Valley Acquisition Corp to go public via SPAC, by 2nd half of 2022. NuScale's plans include 77 MW modules that can be daisy-chained w/first projects later for Romania in 2027/2028, and in Utah about a year later.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.