- Apr 5, 2022 4:16 pm GMT
1) NYISO sets record high of 2,238 MW dc of distributed solar, adding 750 MW last year, and anticipates 7,281 MW by 2030
2) Trammell Crow and solar company Altus Power to install 300 MW of solar panels on 35 mn square feet of US ind’l property by 2026, at a price of $600 million. Storage and EV charging also contemplated
3) Department of Commerce to review solar panel imports from Cambodia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam – source of 80% of crystal silicon panel imports - for anti-dumping, w/potentially severe impacts on U.S. solar ind’y
4) Siemens Energy plans to build a multi-gigawatt PEM electrolyser factory in Berlin, w/first 1 GW of production by 2023. At least eight other companies have giga-factories, w/ announced total of 17 GW
5) Vietnamese EV OEM VinFast will build an EV and battery factory in N. Carolina, w/initial annual output at 150,000 vehicles/annum. Expansion may grow to 250,000 cars
6) LG Energy Solutions announces $1.4 bn 11 GWh battery factory in Arizona to manufacture cylindrical cells for EVs
7) President Biden invokes Defense Production Act to accelerate domestic mining and processing of the minerals going into lithium ion batteries, authorizing the Defense Department to conduct feasibility studies
#theenergyswitch #energytransition #batteries #EVs #sustainability #solar #energystorage #hydrogen
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.