- Jul 28, 2021 11:52 am GMT
1) Storage company Form Energy's CEO says it will offer long duration storage to the grid by 2025, with a battery tech based on iron.
2) The FERC issues long-awaited NOPR to address transmission, to address renewables and create a more reliable grid.
3) Bloomberg New Energy Finance just released a report suggesting that investments between $92 trillion and $173 trillion will be needed between now and 2025 in order to achieve climate stability.
4) Samsung Heavy Industries rolls out 9.5 MW floating wind design, passing MHI Vestas 8.4 MW platform. Bigger machines in the offing. 5) UK's Go-Ahead Group, owner of 5,000 buses, plans to convert all of its buses to clean fuels by 2035 and to become carbon-neutral by 2045. Strategy includes bus-to-grid technology.
6) Icelandair, Air Nostrum, and Ravn Alaska have signed letters of intent with US hydrogen startup - Universal Hydrogen - to convert 21 existing planes to fuel cell electrics running on hydrogen. # #renewables #energytransition#theenergyswitch #PKayDee
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.