This special interest group is for professionals to connect and discuss all types of carbon-free power alternatives, including nuclear, renewable, tidal and more.

Post

HitecVision enters 3.6 GW Dogger Bank offshore wind farm in UK through partnership with Eni.

image credit: ENI and HITECHVISION
Mohit Kaul's picture
Founder Enerdatics

Building Enerdatics. Leadership experience in a high growth SaaS company and secured a successful exit. A natural leader who cares about creating value for all stakeholders. Extensive experience...

  • Member since 2022
  • 8 items added with 1,659 views
  • Jun 30, 2022
  • 232 views

The Norwegian investor has effectively acquired a 7% stake in the under-construction Dogger Bank A, B and C cluster in the North Sea, through its offshore wind-focussed JV with Eni - Vårgrønn Under the deal, Eni has transferred to Vårgrønn its 20% stake in the cluster, which it acquired in two separate transactions in 2020 and 2021. In addition, Vårgrønn will purchase a stake in Eni's other early-stage initiatives in Vårgrønn’s key markets. Simultaneously, HitecVision is increasing its stake in Vårgrønn from 30.4% to 35%, with the remaining 65% held by Eni's rebranded gas and power division, PlenitudeEquinor and UK-based utility SSE Renewables will continue to own a majority stake in the Dogger Bank cluster, which is expected to be operational by 2026.

The transaction represents a significant expansion for Vårgrønn, which was founded in 2020 to operate as a renewables-focused venture controlled by Eni and HitecVision, building on their successful collaboration in the oil and gas sector in Norway through Vår Energi. Over the last two years, the companies have positioned Vårgrønn as a full-cycle offshore wind player, targeting 5 GW of installed and sanctioned offshore wind capacity by 2030, with a focus on key Northern European markets. The agreement is the second collaboration between Vårgrønn and Equinor, who have also agreed to bid for seabed leases in the Utsira Nord area under Norway's upcoming offshore wind licencing round

Discussions
Spell checking: Press the CTRL or COMMAND key then click on the underlined misspelled word.

No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.

Get Published - Build a Following

The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.

If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.

                 Learn more about posting on Energy Central »