With grid on verge of collapse, CA Gov. Newsom declares state of emergency
- Aug 1, 2021 6:58 am GMT
After nine years of:
• trying to run the world's fifth-largest economy on bits and pieces of renewable energy;
• driving up electricity rates 5x faster than the national average;
• believing renewable energy certificates can magically time-shift renewable electricity to when it's needed;
• paying other states to take it when it isn't;
• becoming increasingly reliant on imported gas and coal generation;
• stuffing Aliso Canyon Reservoir with enough backup gas to rupture a feeder pipe, resulting in the worst greenhouse gas leak in U.S. history;
• forcing consumers to pay solar and windfarms to generate electricity when it's needed, and to not generate it when it isn't -
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.