- Jan 24, 2023 2:08 pm GMT
1) Texas PUC okays “performance credit mechanism” payments from retail suppliers to generators when electricity supplies are tight. Payments could total as much as $5.7 bn/yr.
2) ZeroAvia's 19-seat airplane flies for 10 minutes on hydrogen fuel cell engine. 1,500 engines on pre-order from multiple airlines.
3) DOE receives 79 Regional Clean Hydrogen Hub applicants, sends 33 letters of encouragement to those selected to proceed to full application process.
4) GE Gas Power and Japanese heavy-industry IHI Corp in agreement on roadmap to develop ammonia-capable turbines by 2030.
5) Hertz and Uber expand partnership to Europe, w/Hertz offering up to 25,000 EVs to Uber drivers in capital cities by 2025, starting in London this month, and including Paris and Amsterdam later in 2023.
5) Israel's fast-charge EV battery company StoreDot says its XFC batteries and systems being tested by 15 global auto OEMs. Initial test confirm StoreDot cells can offer 100 miles of range in five minutes of charging.
6) DOE to lend up to $700 million to Ioneer - Australian lithium mining co - to develop Rhyolite Ridge Lithium Project in Nevada.
7) Long-duration storage company Noon receives $28 million Series A financing. Noon's multi-day tech stores energy by using electricity to split CO2 into solid carbon and oxygen gas. Discharging reverses the process. Active ingredients are inexpensive and round-trip efficiencies said to be close to lithium ion (around 90% w/o parasitic losses).
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.