- Jan 19, 2022 7:19 pm GMT
1) CA earmarks $22 bn in budget (added to $15bn from last yr) to address climate change, w/focus on LMI and disadvantaged communities.
2) EPRI says we'll have to triple grid capability in order to address Biden Admin's carbon reduction goals, going from meeting 20% of total overall U.S. energy needs to about 60% by 2050.
3) Researchers at Stanford & DOE's SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory discover method to extend life of li-ion batteries by as much as a third.
4) GM's EV business suffers rough quarter, owing to impacts of massive Bolt recall, and sell only 26 EVs.
5) 2021 US EV sales (pure electrics and PHEVs) estimated at 647,000 up 103% over 2020 approx 4.3% of 15 million total light vehicles sold. Tesla accounted for over half.
6) China EV sales rocket to 3.3 million pure EVs and hybrid plug-ins, w/mkt share of 15.7% of vehicles sold in the country. Of that number, Tesla sold 473,000, coming in only behind BYD.
7) US govt announces offshore wind lease auction next month for over 488,000 acres off NY and NJ w/potential of between 5.6-7 GW of capacity.
8) Canadian compressed air storage company Hydrostor garners $250 million investment from Goldman Sachs's private equity branch.
#PKayDee #offshorewind #sustainability #energytransition #EVs#electromobility #GM #batteries #climatechange #California#Theenergyswitch
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.