- Dec 13, 2022 6:21 pm GMT
1) Two Duke Energy NC substations attacked w/multiple rounds of gunfire, resulting in five-day blackout for 40,000 customers. Six substations in OR and WA also attacked –some w/gunfire – in late November.
2) US Bureau of Ocean Energy Management's offshore wind energy auction for five CA leases, covering 375,000 acres, nets $757 million from five different bidders. Areas will support floating wind, w/4.6 GW of potential capacity.
3) NJ ups third offshore wind solicitation target from 1.2 to 4 GW, includes new proposed requirements including inflation adjustment mechanism, requirements for supply chain facilities, and minimum environmental standards.
4) GM installs first Level 2 EV Chargers at dealers in Wisconsin and Michigan under its Dealer Community Charging Program that may include up to 40,000 Level 2 chargers across the country, open to all EV drivers.
5) Ford Pro biz unit to deliver 2000 electric delivery vans to Deutsche DHL by end of 2023. MOU between two companies foresees add’l deliveries, as well as DHL's implementation of the Ford Pro suite of software products - a big potential growth opportunity for Ford.
6) China installs 58.2 GW of solar thru first 10 months of 2022, with 80 GW target for entire year.
7) Starwood Energy demolishes 242 MW NJ Logan Coal Plant in NJ, and plans to replace w/$1 billion clean energy project featuring battery energy storage, w/project specifics undisclosed.
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.