- Sep 2, 2021 11:57 am GMT
1) Leading resi solar and storage co SunRun will offer a wide range of online courses to its workers to address skills gap issue.
2) EPA sends letters to FERC asking it to consider social costs of carbon in gas infrastructure permit review process (Columbia Gulf Transmission's Louisiana gas facilities w/est'd $205 million in annual climate damages and Iroquois Gas Transmission's Northeast project at $144 million.
3) Generac announces resi home equipment is now smart grid ready, capable of monetizing across the Enbala Concerto platform (Generac bought DER tech company Enbala in 2020).
4) Toyota to manufacture H2 fuel cell modules for Class 8 semi trucks in U.S. by 2023.
5) China now has over 2 million EV charging units, w/334,000 added in first seven months of 2021.
6) Ford will double production targets for electric F-150 Lightning truck to 80,000 by 2024 (from original 40,000 target).
7) China's Contemporary Amperex Technology (CATL) to offer a sodium-ion cell with plans for producing by 2023. No cobalt, lithium, or nickel needed.
8) Sakuú Corporation initiates construction of 2.5 MWh pilot line for printing solid-state batteries.
9) In Australia, rooftop and utility scale solar generated more power than coal for the first time in that country's history, on Sunday, August 22nd. #PKayDee #theenergyswitch #hydrogeneconomy #sustainability #EVs#batteries #Ford #Generac
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.