- Oct 26, 2021 8:38 pm GMT
1) Hertz to buy 100,000 Tesla Model 3 Sedans for major U.S. markets and European markets, beginning early November.
2) UK-based Britishvolt to build 60 GWH battery plant in Quebec to supply North America's car makers.
3) Stellantis and LG Energy Solutions form new JV to build 40 GWH battery factory, to be operational by Q1 2024.
4) Taiwanese contract manufacturer, FoxConn, the company that makes our iPhones, announces 3 internally developed prototype EVs - an SUV, a Sedan and a City Bus under the Foxtron brand.
5) Empire Wind to buy 138 of Vestas' 15.0 MW turbines for the Empire 1 and 2 projects, 15 to 30 miles off Long Island. Vestas will install and test its 15 MW prototype next year.
6) HyStor Energy, a team of natural gas storage pros, announces intent to build the largest green hydrogen hub in the U.S. by 2025. w/110,000 metric tons of annual H2 output, storing as much as 70,000 tons in underground salt caverns.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.