- Sep 13, 2022 2:31 pm GMT
1) the energy crisis and attendant price spikes are crippling UK civil society, from schools to pubs.
2) California suffers through record heat wave w/CAISO calling Level 3 Energy Emergency Alert as peak demand hits record 52,061 MW on Sept 6. Millions notified on cell phones, leading to nearly 2,000 MW load cuts over following 20-30 minutes.
3) Sunnova files w/CA Public Utilities Commission to own and operate microgrids w/in new planned residential communities and to be regulated as a "micro utility."
4) CA Assembly Bill 2316 passes, promoting community solar based on the actual value of the energy produced. Batteries likely with all new systems.
5) Liquid metal battery company Ambri will install batteries in pilot at Xcel Energy’s Solar Technology Acceleration Center in Aurora, CO. Ambri plans on 5 similar pilot projects in 2023.
6) MISO says storage resources can participate in energy and operating reserve markets. Queue stands at 150+ storage projects totaling over 13,000 MW.
7) New Hampshire Electric Co-op to offer members Day-Ahead transactive energy rates by the end of 2023, stimulating bi-directional power flows from batteries and EVs.
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.