Atoms for electricity generation in Africa: Analysis of factors affecting the continent's readiness
- Jan 14, 2022 5:34 pm GMT
- Nuclear energy is an alternative for meeting the energy needs of the people.
- An estimated 600 million people in Africa are without access to electricity.
- Some African countries have expressed their interest in nuclear power development
- This study used SWOT analysis to assess the continent's readiness for nuclear power.
- Public education will be key for the social acceptance of the technology among the people.
Results from the analysis indicates that factors such as availability of uranium, clean technology among others are strengths for its development in Africa. However, issues such as negative public perception, lack of financing etc. are serious issues that could hinder the development and implementation of nuclear technological applications on the African continent."
Get Published - Build a Following
The Energy Central Power Industry Network is based on one core idea - power industry professionals helping each other and advancing the industry by sharing and learning from each other.
If you have an experience or insight to share or have learned something from a conference or seminar, your peers and colleagues on Energy Central want to hear about it. It's also easy to share a link to an article you've liked or an industry resource that you think would be helpful.